Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tangy Mushroom Clear Soup

Winters are here and hot soups are always relished. But for some reason not known to me I was scared of making soup.  And because of this I always ended up preparing packet soups.  This season I have thought of trying my hands on soup. This one is my first attempt and was pretty clear.  

My son liked it, so you can also try.

Ingredient

Fresh button mushrooms - 6 sliced
Spring onion – 1 chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves chopped
Vegetable stock cube – ½ cube (I use maggi veg stock)
Water – 3½  cups
Soya sauce – ½ tsp.
Black peppercorn – 8 to 10 crushed
Fresh coriander stalk – chopped (the part above the root)
Lemon juice – ½ tsp.
Vermicelli – ¼ cup semi cooked (optional)
Oil – ½ tsp.
Salt to taste
 
Method

1.     Boil the stock cube with the water.
2.     Heat oil in a wok
3.     Add spring onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for a minute.
4.     Add the mushroom and continue to sauté for another minute.
5.     Add the boiled stalk
6.     Now add soya sauce, crushed peppercorn, coriander stalk and salt. Simmer a cook for 5 min.
7.     Mix in the vermicelli and cook for 1 more min
8.     Put off the heat and add the lemon juice.
9.  Serve hot in Individual soup bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...