Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Fresh Fruit Jam – Homemade

This is again a recipes which I got from my mother’s diary. As a child I never like it because I felt the bottled ones are better.  But now I feel this is better. 

Why I made this after years is a story.  I am going on vacation and my fruit basket is filled with fruit which I got from different sources.  As I was clearing up the dining table, I saw the fruits and wondered what to do with these fruit.  In a normal scenario it would have gone to my neighbor, but she is already gone on vacation. That’s when the childhood memories came back and I immediately call up my father to find by mothers diary and get the recipe. And he hunted for diary and gave me the recipe the same night.  I prepare it immediately. 
I enjoyed making it and became a little nostalgic. 

Anyway try it enjoy it with bread, roti and just a spoonful when that sweet craving walks in.  And don’t forget to comment back or put questions.
 
 
Ingredient

Mixed fruit – 1kg (cut into small pieces)
(I have taken 2 apple, 2 guava, 4 banana, 100gm grapes, 2 oranges.  But you can take a choice of any fruit) 
Sugar – 750gm
Citric acid – 1tsp
Sodium Benzoate – 1 pinch
Pink Color – few drops  

Method

1.  Remove the skin and cut the fruits into small cubes, peel the orange and de-segment it, then remove the skin and only use the pulp.

2. Cook this fruits in a heavy bottom pan. If required put a little water, so that it does not stick to the pan.

3.  When the fruits are half cooked add the sugar, mix well, cover with a lid and keep cooking till the fruits become into pulp. 

4.  Now strain this mixture. Use the pulp which is collected in the container and discard the remaining in the strainer. 

5.  Pour the pulp back into the heavy bottom pan and cook it in low heat, till it attains a thick consistency.

6.  Add citric acid, sodium benzoate and the colour, mix well and put off the heat.

7.  Let it cool a little and then transfer into glass bottle.

Note : Keep stirring in between.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...