Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Lauki Halwa / Ghiya Halwa

I am making Lauki halwa after year.  The first time I tried to make it years back it was a disaster.  I never attempted it after that. A month back I had it at one of my cousin’s house and got inspired to try it once again. This time I tried it my way without going through internet recipes or books.  The end product was fabulous.  I never thought my kid would eat it, so the quantity I made was less just for hubby and me, but we both did not get it to taste. 
 
As typical mother I was supper happy with the feeling that my kids ate Lauki ( i.e the YAKKY lauki became YUMMY lauki).  
 

Ingredient
 
Ghiya/ Lauki/ bottle gourd - around 400gms
Condense milk – 200gm
Khoya  - 50gm
Ghee – 3tbsp
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Green edible color – 1 drop
Pishato
 
Method
 
1.  Peel the outer skin of the Lauki. Then grate it.
2.  Heat a heavy bottom pan and add ghee.
3.  To this add the grated lauki. Cover and cook it for 10 min.
4.  To this add the condensed milk and keep cooking in low flame till the mixture become thick.
5.  Now add color, cardamom and mashed khoya, mix well.
6.  Cover with a lid and cook for 1 more min.
7.  Lauki halwa is ready to serve.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...