Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Whole Wheat Vanilla Cup Cake

Making wheat cake was not by intention but it was due to sheer compulsion. I had promised my little one that I will make cupcakes in the morning and pack it in his tiffin box. I was confident enough that I had all the ingredients at home. 

Today morning as a started my day in the kitchen at 5.30am, the first thing was to make the cupcake mixture and put it in the oven, so that I can continue with my other works.  Half asleep I started mixing for the cake mixture starting with butter, sugar and egg. Now came the turn to add the flour, when I opened the flour container, it was empty. This point I could not back out, so the most easily available flour in any Indian kitchen is wheat flour.  Immediately replaced the regular flour to whole wheat flour, but when I mixed in the batter, it was a little thick, so there came in milk as a handy thinner.

But after all this the end result was absolutely mind-blowing. So it was easy, simple and healthy. And the kid loved it. What else does a mother want?



Ingredients

Whole wheat flour – 100gm
Caster sugar – 100gm
Butter – 70gm
Egg – 1
Milk – ¼ cup
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Yellow food color – 2 drops

Method

1.      Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
2.      Mix and sift flour and baking powder.
3.      In a bowl, whisk together sugar and butter, till it mixes together.
4.      To this add the egg and mix till the mixture is fluffy.
5.      Now add the flour mixture mix till it combines.
6.      Finally add in the vanilla essence and color and mix well.
7.      Line the cupcake mold with cupcake liner (paper).
8.      Pour about 1tbsp mixture on each mold. It will make about 9 cupcakes.
9.      Cake at 180 degree C for about 15 min.
10.  Once it is done transfer it to a cooling rack.
11.  Enjoy this healthy cupcake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...