Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

HOLI HAI !

HAPPY HOLI TO ALL OF YOU !

Holi is festival of spring, celebrated with color’s.   This festival is celebrated with variety of food.  There are traditional food which every household make for this festival like gujiyas, thandi, chana puri, etc. 

My childhood memories of holi was play with friends, coloring each other’s with water colour in our pichkaries.  And Sumbate uncle’s special boiled chana’s made on previous day’s holika fire.  I don’t know how uncle made it, but it was very tasty.  Someday when I meet him I will get the recipe.

For now I hate playing holi.  So, most of the time I am at home, baby siting friend’s children who go out to play. Or cook the special holi dishes for my family.  This year my younger son Hansel and I are alone at home.  So these are the things I cooked for him.  It’s Thandi, chana puri, karanji / gujjiya, khoya naril laddos.

The recipes follow; 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...