Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coffee Chocolate Mousse

This is the first time that I was trying to make a vegetarian mousse using Agar-Agar instead of gelatin. I was quite nervous of the outcome. But I have to say it came out pretty neat. I was always very apprehensive of using agar-agar.  I was happy with my first time try, so I may try more recipes with this.
 
Ingredient

China grass / agar-agar - 10grams (cut into small pieces)
Milk – 4 cups
Sugar – 5 to 6 tbsp
Coco powder – 3 tbsp dissolved in 2 tbsp milk
Coffee powder – 2 tsp dissolved in 2 tbsp milk
Cream – 1 tbsp

Method 

1.      In a non-stick pan combine 1 ½ cup of water with agar-agar and cook over a slow flame till it dissolves completely, stirring continuously.
2.      Strain the mixture and keep aside.
3.      In a pan boil the milk.
4.      Add sugar, coco mixture, coffee mixture and agar-agar liquid.
5.      Simmer over a slow flame, stirring continuously for 5 -7 min.
6.      Remove from flame and let it cool.
7.      Add the cream and mix well.
8.      Pour the mixture in to the individual bowls.
9.      Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hrs.
10.  Decorate it with chocolate vermicelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...