Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hara Bara Mutton Biryani

On Mothers Day, this is a tribute from a son to his lovely Mother.  This is my mother-in-laws special biryani recipe which my husband prepared for us.  It was a treat!

Few line from the Chef …………………………….

“I keep craving for this authentic biryani one my favorite food. Last week I brought biryani from a street guy, looking at his vessel the typical biryani dekchi….. I was impressed and told myself, let me treat with some authentic biryani…….. 1 biryani costs me 220 and brought 3 for family.
Trust me…….it was the worst biryani……I had ever had…… it was just a blunt biryani….. I made a promise that very dinner that I will make and eat and relish the authentic biryani made by my mother,  mother’s recipe, she make one of the best biryani……. The plan was set and here it is got some good mutton and off to make biryani…… to satisfy my soul…… yes food should touch the soul……”



Ingredients

Basmati Rice –  1kg
Mutton -1 kg ( bone or boneless)
Onion – 4 large
Ginger – 50 gms
Coriander leaves – 125 gms
Mint leaves – 150 gms
Green chilly - 4
Garlic – 4 - 5
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Mutton  masala – 2 Table spoon
Big cardmon - 4
Bay leaves – 4 to 6
Salt as required
Oil to fry
Ghee - 4
Fried Cashunut & raisans for garnish


Method

Onion Fry
1.     Cut Onion lengthwise and deep fry, till it becomes brown in colour and keep it separate.

Mutton curry
2.     Grind together coriander leaves, mints leaves ( take only the leave and not the stem), ginger, green chilly, garlic and make chutney.
3.     In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee, to this add the big cardamom and bay leaves, then add on to it the green chutney. Keep frying on low flame till the oil separates.
4.     To this add the cleaned muttons.  Mix the green chutni and mutton well, add to it mutton masala, turmeric  and salt.
5.     Mix well and cover, let it cook in its own water.  If there is less water keep adding little water, so that it does not stick to the bottom.
6.     Let the mutton cook.

Rice Preparation

7.     Side by side while the mutton is getting cooked, wash the rice.
8.     In a big pan boil double the quantity of water.  when the water starts boiling add the rice and cook.
9.     Cook just till it is almost done. Strain off the water and keep it separately.

To assemble
10.     We have three separate preparations, Onion deep fired and kept separately, mutton getting cooked in the chutni and rice getting cooked separately. This is done for the final fusion.
11.      Once it is ensured that mutton is cooked.
12.      Add cooked rice very slowly into the cooked mutton…also side by side keep adding the deep fried onion , kaju and kismis….
13.       Once all the three are mixed properly, Cover and cook on low fire for 5 min.
14.        The Briyani is ready to eat with the curd raita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...