Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Fini Kheer

Tomorrow is Karwa Chauth, which is celebrated by married women in North India. The women fast from dawn to dusk without even drinking water.  As, I was searching a recipe for this festival with friends and colleagues. One of my colleague suggested Fini, as they start the fast by having fini before sunrise. So this is a recipe which I got from her. I tried and my husband liked it.

 
 Ingredient

Fini – 100 gm
Milk – ½ kg
Sugar – 5 tsp
Dry fruits like raisin & cashew nut (optional)
Ghee – 1tsp
Saffron – few strands  

Method

1.  Boil the milk in a pan .
2.  When it starts to boil, add the sugar.
3.  Now take off from the heat and add the Fini and saffron and cover the pan.
4.  If you are adding the nuts, then heat the ghee, fry the dry fruits.
5.  Add this to the Fini mixture and mix well.
6.  It’s ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...